As “they” say, I have good news and bad news. Bad news first. We did not get this shoot published. We tried. This was the very first shoot i ever submitted and i would have loved if someone would have taken it, but time was moving by really fast and very soon, it will be an entire year that has passed since our Cairnwood Editorial.
Good news is that now we are all free to share the images as we wish! I am so excited for you to see.
It is interesting for me to read about other photographer’s editorials and styled shoots and what inspired them. It’s a big deal, a shoot like this, and it takes a lot of work and planning and hauling things around. Where do you start? I started this shoot by choosing a dress. Rather, the dress chose me. Don’t bother looking for it here, tho, cause that dress never worked out. Doesn’t matter we found an even better match that came with a cape!
Along the way i asked Danielle, from Your Sweetest Day Events, to work this shoot out. I had a few things figured out but had told myself to never ever do a styled shoot/editorial without a planner again. She was exactly what I needed and the rest belongs to her story. Cairnwood was another obvious choice for me and she also had big plans to do a shoot there and we were so happy to be walking out that same path together. I don’t think i have ever sat at a round table with a group of creatives where we were so much in agreement. We wanted everyone’s talents to take free reign and to shine. From the makeup to the cake…we only gave a few suggestions and answered a few questions.
Because this was end of fall/ beginning of winter… Cairnwood was just decorating for Christmas so we were able to capture some of those florals in the different rooms as well. I asked my dear friend Val, with Lauren Fisher Photography, to join us for the day – check out her socials for some beautiful images. Be sure to check out the vendor list just below! I would recommend each one of them with a 10 out of 10! Best team ever.
Thanks to each of you for catching my ‘sort of loose ended dream that all started with a dress we didn’t use’ and going with it. I am grateful to have been a part of such talent and kindness. So much respect to each one of you and i hope (am excited to) we get to work together again very soon! (Here’s looking at you, Sam and Caitlin).
- best venue, beautiful and kind people – so much kindness
- Danielle, the real rockstar – please hire her to plan your wedding
- that’s me
- Megan- for real- you are equal talent and kindness- i love being around you
- Lindsay and her stuff are so cool. You will love working with her
- CAPE! I feel like that is all i have to say
- I don’t know how they do it but their talent is bomb
Stationary Calligraphy and Placecards: @caitlinjanecalligraphy
- Girl, you know i love your work
Seating Chart and Styling Calligraphy: @lineandletterdesigns
- Best handwriting – so much admiration for that
- Never thought i cared that much about linens but wow
- If you know Sam, you know. This team is the best
Models: @laurrarrosee @q_fish_
- real couple love – these two are the best models – love them
- You know how i love cake decorating videos? Started here -fake cake but we still wanted to eat it